Professional Barista Essentials
This course is designed for the budding barista or coffee enthusiast. You will leave this course with the confidence and skill to extract a delicious espresso and texture silky milk on a commercial machine. The course involves 5 hours of class time with a break in between and ensures that participants get plenty of practical experience on the espresso machine and grinders.
Key Points, Morning
- Introduction to coffee: seed to cup.
- Espresso extraction: dosage, distribution, tamping, brew ratios, grind adjustment
- Espresso troubleshooting: over-extraction and under-extraction.
- Machine cleaning and maintenance.
Key Points, Afternoon
- Refresh on adjusting your grinder.
- Using the steam wand: how to texture and pour milk.
- The coffee menu explained
- Barista work flow
Classes at run at our roastery: 41 Welshpool Road, Welshpool WA.
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 4